Saturday, May 3, 2008

Like Rai-i-ain on Your Wedding Day

(Day 33) It was pointed out to me not too long ago, (and I am ashamed that it is merely my personality and not intentional) that my blog (SGWW) in fact mirrors my thesis (GWW) a lot more closely than I originally thought. Partly as a matter of tradition, partly as a matter of entertainment, I have, as you all know, taken to appending a song to the end of each blog entry (a song of the day). Each song reflects either the mood of the day or in some way encapsulates the essence of the entry. It just so happens (ohh universe...) that the act of recommending music in the new technological era is in fact what my thesis (GWW) is about. Funny how these things work out.

However, there is a stark difference between what I am writing about, and what I am doing here. First, I am not an evil corporation...and anyone that makes a comment about lack of personality is gonna get it. Second, although my music picks are in fact the same for everyone I am not offering them as recommendations, as some of them are in fact terrible songs but do serve the purpose of expressing something beyond this blog (see song of the day today). Finally, I am not making any money off of these recommendations...although I am starting to think that maybe I should be, especially with the bad songs. They can use all the publicity that they can get. And with that, I pass you on to the song of the day, but don't worry, I won't sell out. I will try to use songs that everyone can enjoy...after today.

The 'of couuuuurrrsse' song of the day: Ironic - Alanis Morrissette

1 comment:

incalculable said...

I'm glad you came clean and posted this. Personally, I cannot wait to read the "evil corporation" section of your thesis. Also, I wonder what Adorno would have to say about Alanis Morissette... (btw, this is my favourite Alanis song.... how did you know??)