Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Love and a Leaky Valve

(Day 23) Here I am just a little over 3 weeks into the official GWW/SGWW (see index) journey, and already I think I am behind. I have been trying but there are two main obstacles (now that the other big obstacles of school work and TA work are finished), and they are lethargy and poor typing skills. I will deal with the former today and the latter another day.

First, let it be said that I love my apartment, and I am pretty sure my apartment loves me. But, the apartment is the sort of lover that never wants me out of its sight. It accomplishes this by being soooo comfortable, I don't want to leave, and think that this is my idea. It's in my head.

The other day was just so beautiful that I had to take advantage of my south-facing balcony. I took my reading out on the deck and read for a good while. Once it started to get nippy and my toes got cold, I went indoors to read. I may have been on the couch for a maximum of 30 seconds before I was out cold for 2 hours. Although naps are glorious, I needed to get work done. This isn't even the first time this has happened. I have learned that this apartment doesn't even want me to do work - only rest, nap and sleep (although these seem to be the same, to the connoisseur, they are indeed quite unique). In any event, I need to do more work at the office. The office doesn't love me like the apartment does...well maybe it's love, maybe it's a gas leak. Time will tell, for now, I am going for a nap.

the 'I always fall asleep during this' song of the day - Nobody Has to Stay - Mirah

1 comment:

Firebelly said...

Rest = laying down w/eyes open on top of bed or on couch with no throw, Nap = laying down w/eyes closed, if on bed must be above covers, although a throw is acceptable, a change of clothes is not.
Sleep = blissful state of rest, eyes closed, under cover and change in dress is encouraged.