Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thesis, in name only

(Day 2) Immediately I know what you are thinking. Why no post on Day 1, potentially the most important day? Was it because I was writing so diligently all day? Clearly not. But fear not, progress was made. There is still marking to be done, and other odds and ends, but I wanted to make a mark in my thesis writing endeavour yesterday. So I opened a Word document and labelled it 'Thesis' (it was my creativity that got me here, you know).

I stared at my new document for a long time. I decided that I should do the title page first. What's more important than the eye catching, interest inducing title page? Nothing, that's what. Well, maybe the thesis itself, or the ideas, but that is up for debate. So the title page has my name, the department, the title, etc. For those curious, the title is: "Opening Pandora's Box: Music Recommendation Sites, Ideology and the Individual." Catchy, right? So my grand word total is at 35. Pages: 1. I'm on my way.

The 'ever appropriate for the Page 1 blues' song of the day: I'm On My Way - Cat Stevens

as a side note, if by the end of this process I had a beard like Cat Stevens, I wouldn't be upset. Not upset at all.

2 comments:

amk said...

please, PLEASE don't grow a beard like cat stevens.

congrats on the spiffy title page! now you're further then me...gah!

Beat Toast said...

i read your blog and annies comment and i got so inspired i just put on a cat stevens l.p. "tea for the tillerman."

what a beard that guy has got, and man could he sing.